Saturday, October 22, 2016

Awkward

I'm a freak of nature...or at least I feel like that sometimes. I have a mild case of agoraphobia and a wicked fear of crowds. Today I did something that triggered a massive anxiety attack and pounding headache. I went to a good friend's wedding.

I was ok during the ceremony, which was beautiful and I may or may not have teared up a little while my friend said her vows. Yeah, I cry at weddings (and funerals, and baptisms, and sappy movies, and basically anywhere someone else is crying). I have an image to uphold so pretend I'm not bawling while watching a Nicholas Sparks movie, m'kay? Thanks.

Where was I going with this? Oh, the reception. It was very nice and I'm positive there were a lot of awesome people there, but I wound up hiding in the bathroom for as long as I could stretch it out and popping two Clonnies.

That calmed me down enough to awkwardly talk to the pastor and his wife. They were extremely nice and didn't make strange faces when I said something loudly or laughed inappropriately. Pastors are great for us socially deficient people - very caring and kind.

Anyway, I made it through and am now headed home to put in jams and read a book about brain eating spiders (fiction).

Peace out ya'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment